“Buyers should apply for the opportunity to work with you”
The right buyer interview form saves you time and demonstrates your value to the prospective buyer
Many agents avoid working with buyers because they are a “waste of time”. Ask many agents about their experiences working with buyers and you might hear:
- “Buyers are liars”
- “Buyers just view too many homes and then don’t even buy anything”
- “I hate showing all of those homes”
If you listened to those agents you might NEVER have gotten into real estate to begin with! The agents who say the above statements aren’t making the buyers apply for the opportunity to work with them. They take any buyer, serious or not, and try to get them to buy a home!
Conduct your interview at the office, not at a property
In order to make your buyers apply to work with you, they first must come in for the interview. This may sound strange at first, but think about it for a moment.
- Would the top surgeon in town meet you at the local coffee shop?
- Would the best attorney in the city make it easy on you and meet somewhere near you?
No! The best professionals in their fields make you come to them! They know they are in demand and to maximize their time and to see if you qualify for their services you must come to them to be interviewed (sometimes you just don’t know it’s an interview). If you take this approach with your buyers your value goes up and so does the service to your clients.
Never meet at a property again, just bring them in to your office, to see if they get the opportunity to work with you.
How to conduct the buyer consultation
A buyer consultation is one that is helpful to you and to your prospective client. A good buyer consultation will have the client leaving the office, feeling like they should have written you a check right then and there for your time.
In order to have a successful buyer consultation, here are 3 rules that you absolutely must follow:
- No flip charts! – That’s right, no flip charts showing the home buying process, or your services. That makes you look like a salesman, not a top performing professional.
- Make them wait in an office for you to arrive – Have the person at the front desk or a partner in the office seat them in an office and have them wait a few minutes. After all, when you go to a Doctor’s office, you don’t get to meet the Doctor right away, do you?
- Control the Interview – You are interviewing them, so make sure to open up the meeting telling them what to expect and bring out your consultation form so they can see you have questions to ask them.
There are many other rules you can apply to your buyers consultation, but starting with just these 3 will have buyers following your rules because you have set the stage from day 1.
Take the next 59 seconds and learn more on how to do your buyers consultation so that you don’t ever face rejection and your buyers are thankful for you taking the time to learn more about their goals.
Get the right start
One of the biggest issues that most agents have is starting out their interview asking the wrong questions. Questions like the following will have you in trouble quick:
- How many bedrooms were looking for?
- or How many bathrooms did you want?
These questions simplify the process too much, so you need to start your buyer consultation out different than the other agents out there. Click the link below to get pg 1 of our Buyer’s Application
Buyers Application – Pg 1 (will open in new window)
Starting off your buyers consultation in this manner will put you in the driver seat and make your buyer sit at ease because they will see how much you have to offer.
This is just 1 of 4 pages used in the full application to interview buyers. Our full buyer interview form is available in our Gold and Platinum editions the Utlimate Buyer Script system.
The Ultimate Buyer Script System
The buyer script system is designed to give you the tools necessary to control every step of the process in the way that you desire.
You only want this system if you want to:
- Convert prospective buyers to appointments without “convincing” them of anything and just asking simple questions
- Get a 90+% rate on gettting buyer contracts signed easily using our 1 page buyer agreement form
- Work on a schedule that you always dreamed of, not where you have to answer your phone at all hours of the night
- Have buyers purchase a home after seeing 5 or less properties and have them be thankful that you didn’t show them any more properties!
- Refer their friends and family to you because of the level of service you provide
- Follow your rules every time and thank you for those rules
What’s Included in This Powerful System?
The system gives you multiple tools to make sure you are prepared for the success that you are about to create for yourself.
We have three buyer script systems for you to choose from. Each system is designed to get convert buyers to appointments, get them to write offers, and have them take less of your time so you can make more money